Which is Right for You? Tank or Tankless Water Heater?
As seasoned plumbers, we’re huge fans of tankless water heaters. They’re energy efficient, they last twice as long as tank water heaters, they will save you money in the long run, and they increase your home’s resale value.
However, we are well aware that tankless water heaters are not the best option for everyone. There are very good reasons to choose a traditional tank water heater. We’re happy to help you choose the best water heater for your home or business, taking into account your unique circumstances.
Not sure if you should buy a tank or tankless water heater? In a nutshell…
It’s wisest to install a tank water heater if:
- You are strapped for cash – tank water heaters are less expensive upfront.
- You don’t plan on living in your home for more than a few years.
- You only have a couple people living in the home.
It’s wisest to install a tankless water heater if:
- You are willing to invest more upfront to reap the benefits of long term cost efficiency. A tankless water heater will pay for itself through 35% lower energy bills, longevity and home resale value.
- You plan on living in your home for over ten years. Typical tank water heaters last 10-15 years (if properly maintained annually) whereas tankless water heaters usually last 20 years. Tankless water heaters also usually pay for themselves within a matter of years, making the initial investment more than worth it.
- You have a family of four or more people, especially if you have teenagers or active family members and need to run extra loads of dishes and laundry. For example, an active family of four may require extra showers (both before school/work and after workouts or team practices) and laundry (all that exercise means more laundry.) Most large families have to space out when they shower, run the dishwasher, or use hot water to wash clothes. A tankless hot water heater removes those restrictions.
If you are looking for a short term fix to a broken water heater, a tank water is the way to go. If you are looking to make a long term investment or have a large family, a tankless water heater will deliver the best long term cost savings plus is the best investment for home resale value.
Water Heater Comparison
Charlotte Tankless Water Heater Services
We provide the following services:
- Drain and perform annual maintenance on tank water heaters
- Replace parts of tankless water heaters to extend life expectancy
- Charlotte water heater installation
- Repair Charlotte water heaters
- Clean and maintain water heaters
Ready to talk to a water heater expert? Give us a call at 704.846.5371 to get started.